So which recipes for weight loss will be on your menu this week? If you’re not sure, then this is a good place to start. We’re sharing 21 weight loss recipes that will help you shed pounds and look slimmer.
The most effective recipes for weight loss don’t come from a box on the grocery store shelves and they don’t come from a packaged frozen “healthy” entrée. Instead they’re made with whole, clean eating foods filled with vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. These are the recipes that will help you lose weight and keep it off for good.
But there’s more to these meal ideas than the fact they’re lower in calories and nutrient dense. The reality is we won’t eat what doesn’t taste good. Once you start choosing clean-eating recipes, like the ones below, you’ll find it allows the natural flavor of these foods to shine through—no excess sugar, no heavy salt, no chemical aftertaste.
As you prepare and enjoy these recipes for weight loss, always check the recommended portion size. One of the biggest mistakes to make when losing weight is overeating—even when the food is healthy. Keeping tabs on portion sizes helps ensure you’re not consuming too many calories.
1. Lean Green Protein Smoothie Bowl | 269 calories per serving
Rich in leafy greens like kale and offering a touch of natural sweetness, this breakfast is a tasty way to start your day.
2. Protein Egg & Tomato on Toast | 268 calories per serving
With good-for-you carbs and protein-packed egg, weight loss recipes like this one are a winner at breakfast time.
3. Sweet Morning Breakfast Quinoa | 307 calories per serving
Quinoa is a whole grain food that offers complete protein, and this healthy breakfast recipe also includes heart-healthy almonds.
4. Healthiest Greek Salad | 215 calories per serving
Clean-eating weight loss recipes, like this salad, help you lose weight by filling you with nutrient-rich ingredients. Add leftover cooked, sliced chicken breast for a lean protein boost.
5. Slow Cooker Balsamic-Glazed Chicken Breast | 259 calories per serving
Pair this with a whole grain side, like quinoa or brown rice, for a delish dish packed with low-calorie, low-fat ingredients.
6. Chicken Pesto Pizza | 208 calories per serving
Red pepper strips, yummy pesto, and low-fat cheese combine with lean chicken for a healthy lunch or light dinner entreee.
7. Crockpot Low-Fat Beef Stew | 264 calories per serving
Recipes for weight loss can include red meat dishes, like our version of beef stew, which has just 2 grams of saturated fat in each serving.
8. 6-Ingredient Chinese Chicken | 190 calories per serving
This simple, marinated chicken recipe satisfies takeout cravings with healthier, thigh-friendly ingredients.
9. Protein-Packed Black Bean and Lentil Soup | 248 calories per serving
From carrots to tomatoes, from lentils to black beans, this stovetop soup offers 13 grams of protein for building calorie-burning lean muscle.
10. Vegetarian Panini | 219 calories per serving
Goat cheese adds gooey goodness to this healthy sandwich recipe, which includes roasted red peppers, onions, and tomatoes.
11. Soft Chicken Tacos | 296 calories per serving
You don’t need to ditch taco night because you’re losing weight when you choose clean-eating recipes like this taco dish.
12. Skinny Lasagna Rolls | 240 calories per serving
This SkinnyMs. fan favorite is perfectly-portioned and full of that comfort food taste you crave. Try this recipe to find out what all the fuss is about.
13. Herbed Salmon with Broccoli Bulgur Pilaf | 308 calories per serving
Many recipes for weight loss, like this fish dish, are simple to make–ideal for serving a healthy meal on a busy weeknight.
14. Asian Style Beef & Broccoli | 218 calories per serving
Use a saucepan or wok to prepare this simple, Asian-cuisine style recipe.
15. Slow Cooker Texas Chili | 267 calories per serving
Weight loss recipes like this one are family-friendly and hearty enough to satisfy any appetite.
16. Garlic and Herb Beef Roast with Potatoes | 263 calories per serving
Veggies pack this protein-filled meal so you can serve the family a beef dish–without guilt.
17. Parmesan-Crusted Tilapia| 255 calories per serving
Tilapia recipes are delicious when served with a salad or healthy side dish.
18. Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Chicken | 246 calories per serving
Sink your fork into this creamy dish, which also includes onions, tomatoes, and fat-free cream cheese.
19. Jalapeno Lime Tuna Salad | 297 calories per serving
Spice up–and health up–typical tuna salad with this amped-up version, which is ideal for lunch or a light dinner.
20. Slow Cooker Everything Chicken | 224 calories per serving
Serve this as an easy-peasy dinner, and then toss leftovers into lunchtime salads and sandwiches.
21. Slow Cooker Chicken Curry | 309 calories per serving
This dish is packed with flavor–and it’s ready to enjoy when you get home.
If you have a favorite recipe on SkinnyMs., let us know by sharing in the comment section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published Apr 29, 2015